RealClear Radio Farewell Broadcast

1 Jan

RCRH horizontal

After three years on the air our experiment in broadcasting a donor-supported NPR-style interview program, with a libertarian rather than a left-liberal editorial perspective, has drawn to a close. I’d like to thank Bloomberg Radio for giving us our start, our anchor sponsor the Competitive Enterprise Institute for its support, and especially our producer Amanda France, whose tireless efforts booking compelling guests, building out our national radio syndicate, and prepping me with research to help bring out our guests’ stories was superb. Learning about, speaking with, and helping spread the ideas of the over 300 guests we’ve had on the show has been a privilege. Their interviews will live on in our podcast library at RealClearRadio.org and in selected rebroadcasts on WBCA Community Radio Boston. Thank you for listening. Please have a safe and prosperous New Year.

And now, without further ado, our final broadcast.

War on Science

December 31, 2016

New York Times columnist and City Journal contributing editor, John Tierney discusses how the political left’s social science monoculture and the hyper-politicization of science has delivered disastrous results. From eugenics to hysteria over global warming, failed science policies are a result of confirmation bias and fatal conceit in today’s science dogma that doesn’t allow challenges to prevailing claims.

Portrait of Jack Tierney NY Times Building

LISTEN (full–length interview)
DOWNLOAD from iTunes (as aired)
WATCH (on YouTube)

Economic Futures

December 31, 2016

Peter Wallison, senior fellow in financial policy studies at the American Enterprise Institute, recommends strategies for the new administration to encourage economic growth and liberalization. Wallison advocates curtailing the legacies of overregulation and the administrative state by dismantling Dodd-Frank and emboldening the judiciary to stand up to overreach instead of mandating strict agency deference.

AEI Portraits - (Photo by Jay Westcott/for AEI)

LISTEN (full–length interview)
DOWNLOAD from iTunes (as aired)
WATCH (on YouTube)

Advertisements

6 Responses to “RealClear Radio Farewell Broadcast”

1. Bryan Dumont January 1, 2017 at 7:02 am #

Bill,

There were/are interesting topics and some great interviews…. I learned…(most important thing I can say)

What will you be doing now… I hope this decision was YOUR decision!

Bryan

• billfrezza January 1, 2017 at 10:45 am #

Thanks Bryan, but the donor/sponsor market has spoken. Perhaps I’ll bring the show back in another form one day if I can afford to finance it myself.

2. David Baraff January 1, 2017 at 8:29 am #

Bill,

I always enjoyed your written blogs and email, but never had the time to listen. I hope that you will return to writing.

David

• billfrezza January 1, 2017 at 10:44 am #

Thanks, David. I’m going to be pretty busy with the startup I’m working with, but if the muse strikes from time to time I may pen an occasional piece. Meanwhile, you should peruse the RealClear Radio Hour podcast library, there’s some very good material in there that goes well with a commute, job, workout on the treadmill, or walking of the dog. 🙂

3. Steve Kerr January 12, 2017 at 5:33 pm #

Hi, Bill – Happy new year.

It’s been a while since we communicated (and longer since our dinner at your local hangout in Miami, when your radio show was still in the planning stages). If you’re sad about your experiment coming to an end than I am also, but I must say that your extraordinary mind and unique perspective, as expressed in your writings, has been sorely missed. Despite the remarkable simultaneity of your blogs stopping and the country’s absolutely falling apart, you should know that — after some heated discussion – it has been decided not to hold you responsible.

But there will be no further absolution of you don’t resume your blogs.

Just saying ….

Steve

• billfrezza January 12, 2017 at 6:09 pm #

Steve,

Thanks for your kind words. Alas, I am already up to my ears in my new gig, happy to be back in the saddle at a real startup not just defending capitalism but doing it. If all goes well, perhaps I can bring the show back on my own terms. As for blogging, I need to give it a bit of a rest. I’m afraid if I picked up my pen again my writing would be way too dark.

Be well. Look me up if your travels bring you to Boston.

Bill